Guide to effective outreach marketing tactics
Not all companies have the same digital marketing at their disposal. While corporations have the resources to invest in a holistic approach to digital marketing, other businesses need to be creative. And this is where the implementation of outreach marketing tactics can really come through for you. However, you first need to do your due research before opting for a particular strategy to test out. Or you can leave the heavy lifting to Digital Dot – a New York digital marketing company that is skilled in generating leads by reaching audiences in various ways. While you ponder that idea, we will use this article to explore the singular purpose and multiple benefits of outreach marketing, as well as the different approaches that you can take.
What is the purpose of outreach marketing?
- Outreach marketing is a digital strategy that has the goal of attracting attention to your business, raising awareness for your brand, and boosting your website traffic.
The attention you attract can be aimed toward a multitude of tasks – optimization, link building, generating leads, increasing audiences, forming partnerships, guest blogging, cooperation with social media influencers. And these are all essential fragments that make for a strong brand development strategy.
What are the benefits of effective outreach marketing tactics?
Given the many uses it has, you can gain a lot from the implementation of outreach marketing. Some of the most notable benefits that your business stands to gain are:
- Personalized communication. Whether you are reaching out with a sales pitch or a guest blog request – having a personalized approach can open a lot of doors. Simple gestures such as including the name of the recipient or creating a customized email for a specific audience can win you a lot of favor.
- Stronger online presence. By gathering more audiences as well as websites to cooperate with, you put your brand name in the mix. Search engines offer value for links leading to your website on good-standing websites. And people that recognize the authority of your brand and the value it offers will be open to sharing and promoting it further.
- Higher quality of content. Outreach marketing tactics are of great use to SEO companies that are looking for strong backlinks for their clients. This usually leads to using outreach campaigns to guest blog and earn links to the websites of clients or for your own website. And guest blogs on stronger websites request high standards in terms of quality.
- Networking. Simply put, you will be communicating with a lot of individuals and businesses. That alone carries great potential in terms of building long-lasting relationships and expanding your network.
- Competitive advantage. Outreaching is nothing new – it is a standard that marketers practice regularly, and one that your competitors are definitely using to gain favor with target audiences. However, choosing an optimal tactic can give you the edge you need over the competition.
Outreach Marketing vs. Email Marketing
The fundamental difference is that outreach marketing tactics focus on people that are not familiar with your business. Email marketing strategies are based on targeting existing users that show interest in your newsletter and offers. The purpose of email campaigns is to:
- Retain existing customers;
- Retarget lost leads;
- Follow-ups with your free trial users;
- Staying in touch with subscribers.
Outreach marketing goes much further than that – it takes you into uncharted waters. With it, you can reach decision-makers, social media audiences, and those audiences that have an interest in your niche and services. And getting an influential magazine, blog, or writer to mention your brand, product, service, or blog post has the power to significantly boost your business growth and revenue.
Five outreach marketing tactics that can open doors for your business
Modern consumers are very much oriented toward the opinions of other consumers when looking for products and services. Whether it’s due to the high level of competitiveness across all industries or due to first-hand or second-hand experiences that left a sour taste – the fact is that people are searching for trust. With the use of proper outreach marketing tactics, you can portray that trust and spread it like the spirit of Christmas. So, here are five approaches that you can test out when focusing your efforts on outreaching to others:
#1: Rely on guest blogging
Guest blogging your way to getting your company name across is a well-established approach for outreach campaigns. If you want your business to demonstrate credibility and authority, having a blog is the first step. Once your blog is up & publishing quality posts on a regular basis, you need to turn to other blogs. You have to look at other successful blogs in your area, other websites, and niches that can relate to your own. And then, you will want to reach out to the website owners of those blogs to submit guest articles. It’s a simple enough deal – they get an insightful article from a skilled professional and you get to use their platform to mention your business or even better yet – link to it.
#2: Gather and showcase testimonials
Quality products and services deserve praise. And a business can use that praise to show others just how reliable their offer is. And all you need to do is ask for feedback from customers. It’s a simple enough outreach marketing tactic, but one that can significantly help the credibility of your business. By gathering as many testimonials and reviews from customers, you can send search engines a clear message about the volume of your customer base. On the other hand, by displaying and serving up those testimonials to others through campaigns, you can instill a sense of brand trust from the very start.
#3: Use your brand story to inspire others
Everybody loves a good story! Whether we’re talking about books, TV shows, documentaries, movies, or online news and content – all of us enjoy inspirational tales. You might think that the stories of your business are not interesting or too personal to share, but they are potential gold mines when it comes to outreaching other potential customers. With the right choice of words and a proper presentation, you can not only awaken interest in your business through the stories behind it, but you can also build a strong brand name. Engrave the name of your business in the minds of your audiences by sharing your stories with them.
#4: Target influencers to become your spokespeople
Social media platforms have become a sizeable force in the marketing world. With so many users and followers, these channels have proven to be an undrainable source of audiences. However, tapping into this source is a challenge in itself, with many different approaches, outreaching to influencers being only among many. As individuals that hold power over others in these digital communities, influencers can offer businesses the public exposure they require to present themselves to customers across the globe.
Social media marketing is a complex and intricate system that requires experience and the right tools to manage properly. However, once you do manage to come up with an impactful strategy to reach new subscribers, it can be a long-term win for your business. Having a proper social media agency NYC to help with your outreach marketing tactics on such networks can save you a lot of time and energy. Not only that but it can also give you the insight you need to apply a similar approach to other outreach tactics.
#5: Expand your business network
Outreach marketing tactics apply to other businesses just as much as they do to customers. Sometimes, forming strategic partnerships with other companies can prove more useful than holding your ground without support. It’s a tough and competitive market out there, and having allies can come in handy when the going gets tough. By reaching out to other businesses that can relate to your business, you gain a wider audience and coverage area to spread your message. Certainly, it’s a two-way deal, but one that can definitely serve all businesses involved. After all, there is strength to be had in numbers.
How to formulate your outreach campaigns?
Despite its difference in comparison to email marketing, outreach campaigns still require a similar approach. You need to find a way to awaken interest in your business in the eyes of those that never heard of it before. The following guidelines can definitely contribute to getting you a couple of steps closer to success:
- Create engaging subject lines. People love to be intrigued and subject lines are the very first they will see. So, you need to make sure it gets their attention from the very start.
- Research & personalize. There is a strong case behind Intelligent Outreach – one that shows just how important knowing your audiences can be. Personalizing your outreach campaigns offers a stronger initial interaction.
- Be very open and direct in regard to the benefits. People might not have the time to go through the details, so they need you to chew up the benefits for them and summarize them.
- Make your Call to Action (CTA) clear and to the point. An engaging CTA is the crown jewel of every successful marketing campaign. It is the make it or break it button that will invite others to come to you.
- Provide credibility. People want a legitimate brand and position to seal the deal on the offer you’re making. They won’t be impressed with an everyday sales representative as much as a senior associate, junior manager, content editor, SEO specialist, etc.
Start perfecting your outreach efforts today
There is plenty of work to go around when it comes to creating enticing outreach campaigns. As you can see, it’s not simply about choosing the tactics you need, but also giving them a framework, structure, and a strong foundation. And if you find this too overwhelming, remember that there are those that can offer the guidance and resources that you need. Contact Digital Dot today and let us handle the weight of coming up with the best outreach marketing approach for your business!