B2B digital marketing strategies for 2021
Unlike your everyday marketing efforts that target individuals, going after leads that are other businesses is a much more demanding and challenging task. Starting from the very approach you ordinarily have when it comes to advertising, this is the same playing field but with different rules. While you have some shared goals such as understanding and defining your target audience and their needs, the means of going after those leads shifts. In this article, Digital Dot NYC explores the B2B digital marketing strategies that are worth investing in.
What is B2B marketing?
- In the simplest of terms, any marketing effort that focuses on advertising your service(s) or product(s) to other businesses falls under Business to Business (B2B) marketing.
Although the approach is very similar to B2C marketing, the level of difficulty here is a bit higher. The reasoning behind this claim is simple – rather than focusing your pitch on an individual, you are targeting entire businesses that usually have a better understanding of what they want and need.
B2B digital marketing strategies worth exploring
If experience in marketing thus far teaches us anything, it’s that email marketing is always a smart way to go. That is precisely why over 90% of B2B marketers use email campaigns. And the reasoning is logical – emails lead to website traffic and engagement, which leads to subscribers that you can then convert into leads…and later on into clients.
However, unlike your typical B2C email campaigns, B2B digital marketing strategies require an altered approach. Rather than focusing on tapping into emotions, here you want to focus on logic and authority. You need to demonstrate to other businesses that your product can help them grow. And the way you accomplish that is through quality content that is both transparent and engaging.
- Roughly 80% of B2B marketers use email newsletters to promote their content while claiming that the newsletter is the most critical factor in content marketing success.
Your brief guide to practicing strong B2B email marketing
- Write impactful subject lines. Whether we’re discussing individuals or businesses in the roles of consumers, their impatience when it comes to advertising materials has little difference. If you can’t pitch your idea through your subject line, then you definitely won’t be able to get them to the point of opening the reading the email. So, start by investing time into each subject line.
- Use the same call-to-action (CTA). There is nothing as chaotic as opening up an email and having to waste brain cells thinking about where you need to click to get the information you need. This is where you can lose leads when you overpack your emails with different CTAs that split the attention of the reader. Instead, use a single CTA and position it wisely within the email itself. That way, you unburden customers from the decision-making process.
- Segment your audiences. Different businesses have different needs. And it is up to you to use the data you have about your subscribers to create separate email lists, each with a unique campaign that will target their specific needs. This is where the strength of email marketing as one of the essential B2B digital marketing strategies can truly flourish. Always do your best to provide quality over quantity – rather than bombarding everyone with countless campaigns, give each audience a limited number of campaigns to consider.
- Incorporate responsive email designs. Mobile device users are just as essential in B2B as they are in B2C marketing. If your emails don’t open up on smartphones, recipients will delete them within seconds.
- Cold emails are your ally. At one point or another, you exploit all your known audiences. Rather than stop there, you should create new opportunities by firing shots in the dark.
Whether we’re discussing B2C or B2B digital marketing strategies, having a digital presence has become a fundamental factor. The services our New York digital marketing agency offers are proof of this. Whether we’re discussing SEO, PPC, social media, or web design and development – all paths lead to establishing a strong and lasting online presence. So, let’s go through some of the essential B2B digital marketing tactics when it comes to digital presence:
Building your business website
You can’t hope to establish a digital presence without an informative and user-friendly website. We’ve said it before and we’ll probably keep repeating it – your website is the showroom for your business. And when you have other businesses as customers, this is all the more important, as they also have websites and understand the role it plays. A smart move here would be to seek out professional insight from a web design agency that understands the specific needs of your industry and how best to create an engaging layout for your target audiences. After that, it’s a matter of finding the right team of web developers to put that design to the test.
Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
Having the perfect website means little when that same website is not visible to online audiences. That is where optimization comes into play, to give your business the authority and visibility on search results necessary for target audiences to discover it. By focusing your resources on off-page and on-page optimization in combination with quality content, your website can gain rankings for keywords that your audiences search for. And this is something best discussed with experienced SEO companies New York.
Pay Per Click (PPC) Advertising
Paid ads give can give your business that boosts it needs to gain overnight attention from other businesses that are in the market to get the services/products that you offer. Then again, advertising merely your services and products is only the beginning of the possibilities here. You can also look to portray your brand personality through your PPC campaigns. Other options here include:
- Blog articles;
- Landing pages;
- Social media posts;
- Your company tagline, etc.
It all comes down to creating ads that appeal to the goals of your potential clients through carefully chosen words that they can easily relate to.
Content marketing for B2B companies
While everyday customers respond perfectly to visually enticing campaigns, businesses require a more professional and logical approach. And the best way to hit the target there is with insightful and educational content. Nobody wants to see the same type of campaigns that they use to target customers. Instead, your main concern should be to answer one simple question for other companies – “How can your product contribute to my business?”.
Business owners and decision-makers like to do their homework before making a purchase. And that means actually reading up on the product that you are offering rather than simply looking at the ads and reviews. That is where the importance of having the right content to explain the advantages of your offer comes in handy. Creating an intricate website blog that explores all topics relevant to your products can definitely turn some heads towards your business. Not only that but it can also earn you value from search engines and thus boost your online presence and rankings.
Social media marketing for B2B companies
As incredible as it might sound, a majority of B2B buyers tend to use social media in their buying decisions. Although B2B companies can’t really close that many deals via social media channels, it still plays an essential role in the overall journey of the customer. Social media marketing presents that initial presentation of your brand to other companies. It is the trigger that starts the buying process by attracting attention through engaging posts.
Like email marketing, social media is also a highly effective channel for sharing your content and enhancing your brand expertise, the latter of which we know B2B customers appreciate. While your social media accounts might not convert as frequently as your content or email marketing, they’re just as important. In this case, followers are just as valuable — you never know when they might convert to leads or customers.
Start working on your B2B digital marketing strategies today
It’s never too late to start turning your attention towards establishing your brand online. Let other business see and experience your offer to the fullest and learn how to turn leads into clients. These strategies here are the cornerstones for building a strong foundation for your B2B company to grow from. With a little guidance from Digital Dot, you can take your B2B digital marketing to the next level and watch your customer base and revenues bloom. Contact us today to start planning your strategy!